Beautiful hair is another name of love for women. Most ladies and girls think that they need to take regular treatments to get healthy hair. But actually, they don’t need that. There are natural and easy ways to get our hair attractive and shiny hair in no time. If you follow a specific natural hair care routine, soon you will be able to pass on beauty parlors or hair salons for hair treatments.
So, here are some natural hair care tips for you. Keep reading it to know the secrets to healthy natural hair!
1. Enrich your diet
Our food routine or diet has a significant effect on the hair life. Make your diet protein and vitamin-rich. It will improve hair growth and prevent hair loss. Try to drink a lot of water per day; at least 6 to 8 glasses minimum. Drink milk daily or eat eggs, lentil, meat, fish etc for protein. Eat foods that are rich in vitamin B12, A and C.
2. Oil your hair regularly
Massage oil in your hair on a routine basis. Mix coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil together and heat the mixture up. You can take only 1 of your favorite oil and warm it up. Massage this hot oil in the scalp. It will relax hair follicles, and stimulate hair growth. Also, it nourishes the hair.
3. Keep the scalp clean
Always keep your scalp clean. Shampoo the hair twice or thrice a week as needed. Use a hat or wear a scarf when you are outside to keep dirt away from hair.
4. Wash hair with cold water
You should always wash your hair with cold water, even if it’s winter. Hot water showers remove moisture from hair strands and also damage the roots. It makes your hair dry. So, avoid using hot water on head baths.
5. Condition your hair
You should treat your hair occasionally. You can do conditioning per week. Use a good conditioner. Use leave-in conditioners to prevent frizzy hair. Once in a month, deep condition your hair. You can make a natural deep conditioner by mixing an egg white, two tablespoons of curd and olive oil. Apply it on your scalp and hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Then rinse off the paste with cold water.
6. Do not comb wet hair
Most girls tend to comb hair while it is still wet. This thing not only weakens the roots but also causes hair breakage. This increases the rate of hair fall. So, don’t comb hair when it’s wet. Wait till the hair dries naturally and then comb it.
7. Choose your shampoo and conditioners wisely
Everyone has a certain hair type. You should buy hair products especially shampoos and conditioners that suit your hair. When you are moving on to newer products, use them for a certain amount of time to see if they suit your hair. If they do, it’s great! If they don’t, probably you should stick to the previous products or try something else.
8. Avoid hair styling tools and products
Hair styling products are mostly chemical based. The constant use of chemicals via hair products can damage hair follicles in the long run. You must also avoid hair styling tools. Flatiron, curlers, etc. use heat for styling the hair. Regular use of these tools makes hair dry, increases hair breakage and accelerates the growth rate of split ends.
9. Change your hairstyles frequently
Intelligent women never follow a certain hairstyle always. They keep changing them. If you are someone who uses tight ponytails always, it’s high time you changed that habit. Otherwise, you might see a receding hairline in no time. Try not to style your hair in any way that puts a lot of pressure on the hair strands or the roots.
10. Have sufficient sleep
Keep yourself relaxed. Anxiety and stress tell your hair life. A good 6 to 8 hours of sleep will keep your hair healthy.
11. Comb gently
Yes, you need to be gentle while combing your hair. Harsh and fast brush movements can damage hair strands also cause them break in the middle. Every night before bedtime, comb all your hair gently and tie a braid or loose ponytail. This will keep your hair tangle-free the next morning.
12. Trim the hair ends regularly
To keep the stubborn split ends away, trim your hair regularly. Once in a month or two will be better.
13. Regular scalp massages
With or without oil, massage your scalp every day. Massaging the scalp increases blood circulation in the hair follicles. This helps to make hair lively. Also, it makes the hair tips strong. You can choose a certain time for daily scalp massage. A two-minute scalp massage will help you in ways you can’t imagine.
14. Natural treatments
There are natural ingredients that provide salon style treatment results.
- Protein treatment: Apply coconut milk on your scalp for a protein treatment. Also, the deep conditioning pack described in point 5 also is a protein treatment pack.
- Natural conditioners: Add a teaspoon of vinegar in 2 liters of water. Rinse your hair with this vinegar water after shampooing. Let the hair dry. This kitchen ingredient is a great hair conditioner.
- Treatment for shiny hair: Apply Aloe Vera gel on hair and rinse off after an hour. This will leave your hair shiny and silky.
- Oily hair treatment: Use lemon in your hair packs. You can add lemon juice with egg whites and apply it to keep your hair and scalp oil-free.
- Dry hair treatment: For dry hair treatment, apply fresh yogurt in hair and rinse off after 30 minutes.
So, these were some useful hair care tips. Follow them regularly to open the doors to naturally beautiful hair!
- Jackie Summers, 11 Hair Care Tips for All Types of Naturally Curly Hair, February 23, 2018
- Advertorial, Natural hair care tips courtesy of G’s Hair Beauty, 24/02/2017
- Head & Shoulders Dandruff Shampoo, 6 Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair and Scalp