No matter what if you’re searching for hair styling tips or approaching your companions for guidance, a diffuser is the thing you cannot simply deny. A great many of us don’t really comprehend what that piece of plastic that accompanied our hair dryer really does, but if you tend to have dry, bunched up hair without damaging it, utilizing one of them is an absolute necessity. Peruse more to know about diffusers and how to utilize them…
A Quick Look at Diffuser
A diffuser is a blow-dryer attachment that one attached to the end of a hair dryer nozzle. It diffuses the air as it comes out with the goal that you never again get an impact of air on your hair, yet rather it spreads delicately through your hair. Diffusers are used mainly with curly hair in light of the fact that the dispersed air doesn’t bother the hair’s natural wave pattern or cause frizz when drying. Anyone who has curly hair and wants to get more curl to it, a diffuser is a must. It is likewise might be utilized if one has heat-damaged hair in light of the fact that a diffuser is less harmful to the hair.
Girls with any sort of hair can use a hair diffuser, yet curly hair takes a particular liking to the procedure. If you have natural curls peruse more to know how you will get the effortless waves on your curls.
Curly hair can be a bit difficult to style. If you have a wavy or bunched up hair, utilizing a diffuser attachment is an awesome approach to style your hair without making twists come apart and look fluffy. It gives a consistent airflow which enables the hair to dry in a fair way.
Follow the procedure to know how to perfect your technique for voluminous, defined curls by using your diffuser
Step 1: Apply conditioner
Before style your hair using a diffuser, you should wash your hair. Use your regular shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair. This will help not only minimize frizz and keep hair feeling delicate but also keep your hair moisturized. If you have dry and brittle kind of hair conditioner washing might be worth a try.
A few to try: Tresemme Keratin Smooth Infusing Shampoo And Conditioner, or Aveeno Nourish and Condition Leave-In Treatment.
Step 2: Delicately Squeeze Excess Water
You should dry up your hair with a towel, instead of rubbing it. It will help you to keep your curls stay pretty and bouncy. Rubbing hair will make the hair shaft rough and leave the hair frizz up after dry. Therefore one should tenderly squeeze out excess water by using a towel-covered hand.
Step 3: Apply Styling Products
Now apply your favorite styling products. Rake your favorite styling creme through your hair with your fingers and rub it between your palms. Then place your fingertips at the top of your scalp and rake it in reverse.
You can give a try to Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Creme for your curly hair.
Step 4: Get the Diffuser Ready
Most hair dryers provide a diffuser attachment. If your dryer doesn’t have one, you can purchase one. Just ensure that the diffuser stays on your hair dryer as many will fall off. Search for a universal diffuser approach like the Styling Finger Diffuser or the Hot Sock as they fit most dryers. Now place the diffuser to the end of your blow dryer and set the dryer to the low or medium heat setting. Using a cool or medium setting for curly hair is much better than using a hot setting. Over drying one’s hair will create frizz, so make it sure not to over-dry hair.
Step 5: Cut the hair into the diffuser to lock in your natural waves
Lift your hair into the diffuser, and then turn the hairdryer on so that the diffuser starts blowing heat on the hair. Cup it around your hair and push it around with your fingers to shape it. No brushes or combs need to use.
Hold the diffuser in place for a moment. Try not to move till the section that you have selected is dry. Once all of your hair is dry, proceed onward to another segment. You may move the diffuser in a little, circular motion while you are cupping a section to abbreviate the drying time.
Step 6: Add volumes using the diffuser nubs
Use the diffuser right at the crown to create more volume. Most diffusers have nubs that one can use to add height and massage the scalp.
Step 7: Continue diffusing till your hair is around 80% dry
Let some of your hair to dry naturally to keep them moisturized. It can encourage volume as well. Stop diffusing hair when your hair is about 80% dry. Then, rests on the way allow your hair to dry naturally.
Step 9: Add curl or wave-preserving hair serum
As a final step, you need to use hair product like mousse to keep your style in place. Now apply it to using a scrunching motion to keep the style in place.
Pay attention to product instructions. Many products advise that you apply at the roots to prevent your hair from looking greasy or weighed down.
There is nothing to get worried about if you’re a girl with straight hair. As one can style any sort of hair using a diffuser and methods are nearly same for all types of hair.
Make Your Straight Hair Wavy Using a Diffuser
Many individuals with hair on the straight side are amazed by the natural waves that show up when they utilize a hair diffuser. Follow the easy steps to Make Your Straight Hair Wavy.
- First, wash and condition your hair, then gently dry it with a towel.
- After drying up hair, you’ll have to apply products to help while utilizing the diffuser. Mousse is a product that can work well when you’re trying to make your straight hair wavy. You can give a try toTRESemmé Hair Mousse.
- Now Use the diffuser to encourage waves. To do this, first, you need to use your fingers to lift your roots upward. Then keep on drying your hair all around till it gives your hair flowing waves utilizing this same procedure
- Add product when you finish diffusing your hair to make sure your style stays in place throughout the day.
Does a Diffuser Work on Short Hair As Well??
Basically, Length is not a fact here. Anyone with any type of hair from short to long can use a diffuser to style their hair. Girls with short or extra short hair can use a diffuser as well.
Here’s a great video that shows you how to diffuse your short hair.
- Set the hair dryer on low heat while using the diffuser. One should not set the blow dryer on high heat to avoid the device to overheat.
- Don’t touch your hair excessively while drying. And try not to use fingers, but use diffuser instead.
- As the heating procedure is hard on hair, one should always add product after diffusing hair.
- Ensure the diffuser you get is perfect for your present hair dryer.
- Duckbill clips are useful if one wants to add volume near the scalp.
- Don’t use any comb or brush after diffusing. Otherwise, it will create a frizzy mess!
- Sally Beauty, What is a diffuser, and how is it used?
- Adore Beauty, What are the Benefits of Using a Hairdryer Diffuser?
- Tara Gabrielle, How To Get Beachy Waves Using a Diffuser, Jan 13, 2015
- SHOWBeautyOfficial, Get the Look: Wavy Bob with Diffuser, Dec 1, 2016