Wavy hair is the best hair to style but wavy hair can be horribly moody too! Not just seasonally but type: 2 – Wavy hair acts differently from one day to another!
It can get sweaty and flat on a hot sunny day but just a little humidity and it will go frizzy! Combing or brushing is another pain because of the knotty tangles and frizz.
Thus deep conditioning 2 times weekly is probably the best possible solution to tame your wild waves.
Classification of the Wavy Hair
Knowing the type of your hair is critical to select the deep conditioning products for your hair thus we are giving detail classification of your convenience. Wavy hair is categorized as the Type: 2 – Wavy hair. It is again subdivided into the following 3 groups
- 2.a – Large loose bends, normal in texture, normal body
- 2.b – More defined S-shaped waves, dry and frizzy on the top with volume
- 2.c – Well defined tighter waves, almost curly but lesser volume
Why use a hair dryer to deep condition Type: 2 – Wavy hair?
Type: 2 – Wavy hair is very difficult to dry naturally let alone in a uniform way. It will not look right without heat styling thus we reach out to the curling iron, flat iron or at least a hair dryer to style it.
We recommend the hair dryer because it’s the safest and we also suggest you to deep condition 2 times weekly using that hairdryer too!
Yes! If you use the hair dryer wisely it will work on your side and not against you! It will deep condition your hair within 40 minutes when combined with a soft bonnet attachment.
Should you deep condition overnight instead?
Well, other than overly time consuming overnight deep conditioning is simply tiresome and messy. Sleeping with a turban to avoid the oil stains and stink on the pillow is very uncomfortable.
It will keep you awake and it doesn’t even distribute the heat evenly to give you the best benefits of deep conditioning. The oil slithering from your head to the face can also make acne pop up the next morning!
Thus do deep conditioning quickly, smartly and safely!
The economic solution: Use an ionic hair dryer for Type: 2 – Wavy hair with a soft bonnet add-on
Turn your own home into a spa without spending extra time or money with minimum effort!
What you need is a professional standard ionic hair dryer like Xtava Ionic Blow Dryer Voluminous Toolkit teamed up with the Hair Flair latest and enhanced superior Soft-hood Bonnet Hair Dryer Add-on.
Through the 120+ opening of the soft bonnet attachment the healthy heat gets evenly distributed all over the head and deeply nourishes the scalp and hair.
So forget that overnight hair ripping, turban tugging, tossing and turning sleepless deep conditioning routine and do it efficiently!
Also check how you can straighten type: 2 – Wavy Hair with this same hair dryer toolkit too!
The alternative solution
Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft White Bonnet with Purple Dryer
This dryer is amazingly efficient for deep conditioning treatments. The ionic technology doesn’t let your hair get damaged and helps deep conditioning products penetrate the hair evenly and faster.
It has 3-heat and 2-speed settings so you can pick the best heat and speed combination for any category of the Type: 2 – Wavy hair.
You can dry or curl your hair with Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer after washing the hair too.
Things you need for deep conditioning the type: 2 – Wavy hair
- A wide toothed comb to detangle hair
- A rat-tail comb to make sections
- Hair mask
- 3 types of hair oil
- Microwave proof bowl, preferably made of ceramic or food grade plastic
- A teaspoon to measure and combine the oils together
- Use the budget-friendly (Xtava Ionic Blow Dryer Voluminous Toolkit + (Hair Flair latest and enhanced superior Soft-hood Bonnet Hair Dryer Add-on) or the best option is (Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer)
- Soulful and soft music of your choice for relaxation
The products you will need to deep condition the type: 2 – Wavy hair
This quantity is measured for the wavy hair of both medium length and volume. Adjust your measurement by increasing or decreasing the amount of oils and the mask depending on your hair length and volume.
- Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner By Arvazallia: 1 tsp – Restores & strengthen
- Coconut oil/ Sweet Almond oil: 1 tsp –To fully nourish your hair
- Avocado oil- 1 tsp – Prevents breakage & repair with proteins, vitamin A, B6, D, E etc.
- ArtNaturals Argan Oil Hair Mask: 1 tsp – Frizz free luxurious hair (apply after shampoo)
*Reminder: Tsp = Tea-spoon
- If you dislike the scent of coconut oil, switch it with the same amount of sweet almond oil
- Reduce 1 tsp into ½ tsp or raise 1 tsp into 1½tsp considering the volume and length of hair
Note: Decrease or increase the amount in this same ratio for more or lesser
Step by step: Deep conditioning process for the type: 2 – Wavy hair
Measure and pour all the oils in a microwave safe ceramic bowl. If the pure coconut oil is solid then microwave it along with all the oils for approximately 5 seconds or till it melts.
Don’t heat the oils for too long risking a fire hazard or burnt skin.
We will use a hair dryer to distribute heat evenly so the deep conditioning cream works faster and uniformly all over your head so no need to heat the oil separately if all the oils are in liquid form
Mix the oils and The Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner By Arvazallia together to form a deep conditioning cream
- With a wide-toothed comb slowly detangle the hair from the ends and go upwards
- Using a rat-tail comb make 1-inch sections on the top, middle and at the bottom
- Dunk your fingers into the cream you prepared and massage on each section in a circular motion
- Don’t massage with your palm or rub forcefully
- Bend your head down & gently massage the ends, work your way up
- Gently detangle your hair again with a wide-toothed comb, start from the ends to the crown
- Now gently comb your hair 15 times from the crown to the ends to distribute the cream evenly
- Secure hair in a loose knot so air can move in and adjust the soft bonnet add-on properly
- Turn the hairdryer on, it’s best to apply low heat and maximum speed
- The ionic gentle warmth will deliver sauna treatment consistently through the holes of the bonnet
- Close your eyes and listen to your favorite music for 40 minutes and relax
- Avoid watching TV or using phones to give rest to your eyes and head
- Wash the hair with the suggested shampoo for the type: 2 – Wavy hair
- Use the conditioning mask and rinse well after 20 minutes
With a towel gently soak the excess water and now your deep conditioned hair will obey your every wish!
You may use either Xtava Ionic Blow Dryer Voluminous Toolkit + Hair Flair latest and enhanced superior Soft-hood Bonnet Hair Dryer Add-on er Add-on or Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer to create curls of your choice
Or you may use the Xtava Ionic Blow Dryer Voluminous Toolkit to dry hair with a flat-headed paddle brush or with a round roller brush you can make the waves straight after deep conditioning your hair.
Suggested products according to your hair type: 2 – Wavy hair
|Product type||Product name||Product details|
Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner By Arvazallia
|Professional salon standard treatment for wavy hair. It rejuvenates increasing manageability and sheen|
Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
|Cures fungus and heal the scalp and treat sick hair making hair stronger and luxuriously silky and smoother|
|Sweet Almond oil|
NOW Sweet Almond Oil
|It is a light & pure, best nourishing oil loaded with vitamin E for the wavy hair|
NOW Avocado Oil
|Best suitable to medium to thick wavy hair. It has proteins, healthy fats, amino acids and vitamins to refill the damaged cuticles, preventing breakage and frizz|
Xtava Ionic Blow Dryer With Voluminous Toolkit
|Professional hair dryer with diffuser & concentrator- It cuts the drying time in half with safe ionic healthy heat. Saves deep conditioning time up to 80%! 2 heat settings and 3 speed settings suitable for all types of wavy hair|
|Soft Bonnet Attachment|
Hair Flair New and Improved Deluxe Softhood Bonnet Hair Dryer Attachment
|Winner of the Best Styling Tool of ‘NaturallyCurly Editors' Choice Award 2015. Chin strap and drawstrings are adjustable to set it suitably. More than 120 air channels of the bonnet provide the best deep conditioning for the wavy hair.|
|Soft bonnet dryer|
Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer, Purple with White Bonnet
|Flexible soft-hooded ionic dryer is excellent for the deep conditioning process. It makes the hot air flow evenly making your hair softer, healthier and easy to style.|
Argan Oil Shampoo
|Silicon, parabens and sulfate free with Argan, Jojoba, Avocado, Almond, Peach Kernel, Camellia Seed, and Keratin - 100% Safe for the type: 2 – wavy hair|
ArtNaturals Argan Oil Hair Mask
|Deep Conditioner, 100% Organic Jojoba, Aloe Vera and Keratin to repair Dry wavy hair|
The Do’s and the Don’ts of Type: 2 – Wavy hair
- Do deep conditioning 2times weekly or before every time you shampoo
- Don’t shampoo daily and use hydrating Argan oil or Avocado oil to control frizz
- Do deep conditioning in 30 minutes using a hairdryer with soft bonnet attachment for spa effect.
- Don’t let overnight deep conditioning keep you sleepless caged in a turban
- Do deep conditioning and wash hair using suggested shampoo for the best result for wavy hair
- Don’t use the conditioner with silicone and use the recommended conditioning mask after shampoo
Just washing and brushing takes about an hour for the type: 2 – Wavy hair, let alone deep conditioning. Not finding time is the biggest reason this gorgeously curvy hair suffers the most.
Now deep conditioning takes just about 40 minutes for the thickest wavy hair so don’t make excuses anymore. Pamper your hair and from the first session go frizz and tangle free and flaunt lustrous waves.
- How To Deep Condition Straight Hair (Type: 1)
- How To Deep Condition Curly Hair (Type: 3)
- How To Deep Condition Natural Hair (Type: 4)