Apart from drying hairs, you must have a long list of tasks to be performed, right? On busy weekdays sucking the time on blow drying is not less than a luxury. For obvious reasons, I am pretty sure none of us are likely to waste our time in hair drying. But the bitter truth is we don’t have a choice but sit for hours to dry hairs. Here the rest of the article is going to show you some methods to dry your hairs in a flash. You better stick to the content for your own good.
How to Dry Your Hair Fast
There are several ways to dry your hair fast. Let’s check out the methods:
Dry Hair Faster With Microfiber or Paper Towel
The towel is a very significant element of hair drying. Skip your regular towels as they tend to make your hair frizzier than ever. Royelle Hair Towel Super Absorbent Microfiber Hair Towel Wrap is a perfect solution for you.
- Try microfiber towels as they are way more absorbent than the regular towels. Microfiber towels absorb maximum water and cause less breakage.
- Again you may use a paper towel if you want the drying process done real fast. Paper towels are super when it comes to the fact of absorbent power. It can absorb the moisture with the least time and speed up the process.
- If you have sensitive hair even microfiber towels can be the cause of your damage. In that case, you may just pick any old soft t-shirt to blot your hair.
Tips: Do not use towels with excessive force as it will result in causing serious hair damage.
Always Apply Conditioner
Conditioner has the power to repel water as it has a coating that sticks to your hairs and lets the water to slide off instead of being saturated. Thus it shifts the hair drying process. Conditioner not only helps to dry hair fast but also helps to maintain good health of your hair. So, conditioner on every wash is a must.
Tips: You must choose the conditioner as per your hair type. But generally mild conditioners are applicable for any hair type. But one specific thing to be remembered, fine hairs need oil enriched conditioners to get some extra volume. Again if you have curly hair use a smooth leave-in conditioner as it prevents frizz during the air drying process.
Dry Hair Faster Right from the Washroom
The drying process starts with your shower. Before you step out just follow some simple things and they are:
- After you are done with the conditioner just squeezes the hairs naturally with your hands so that the extra water gets off.
- Now, wait for good two to three minutes bending your head down. This process allows dripping away from the water.
- Now you may shake your hairs upside down and try to detangle the hairs with your hair gently. It will also remove the excess water as shaking enhances the air flow in your hairs. This process can really speed up the whole process.
Tips: While shaking your head make sure you do not do that vigorously as it can injure your brain.
Blot Hairs Instead of Ruffling
Many of us are witnessed to ruffle the hair with extreme force. You might have thought this excess force can dry your hair fast. Well, I must say you are totally wrong then. Just take five minutes and blot your hair with a super soft towel to get rid of the excess moisture.
Note: While blotting tries to bend your head towards the ground and flip all your hair. Then gently blot them with a towel.
Be Attentive Towards the Roots
Roots are the oiliest portion of your hair. They tend to take more time while drying than the ends. So, it is smart to dry the roots first, ends will follow the roots in this matter. Blot gently or you can squeeze the roots with a relatively small towel to get rid of the wetness. Again do as much as fluff possible to the roots and run your fingers through the roots to provide air flow.
Dry Your Hair Fast with the Right comb
Well, most of the hair experts forbid you to use a comb on your wet hair as it damages and creates breakage. But combing can really dry your hairs within a moment. Gyryp Nano Thermal Ceramic & Ionic Round Barrel Hair Brush with Boar Bristle brush is the best choice for you.
- Microfiber Comb: Use a microfiber comb as the sponges of this type of combs soak the moisture and cause minimal damage to your hairs.
- Wide Tooth Comb: You can also use a comb with larger and spacious bristles. As detangling is very important to dry hairs fast to this type of combs can help you by making the detangling process easy.
- Ceramic Bristle Comb: You can also choose Ceramic brush as the ceramic bristles convey ion charge and dry the hairs fast.
Tips: Don’t forget to add hair care products after or before combing to protect the hairs. You can use curling lotion, sea salt spray or anti-frizz serum.
Use a Towel Turban or Try Plopping
You can either do plopping (folding the towel like a coil on the two sides of the head) or you can try a towel turban. Choose a microfiber towel and make a towel turban for ten to fifteen minutes and you can do other things during the time. This process soaks the extra moisture and dries the hair fast. Before going with the turban don’t forget to squeeze the extra water from your hairs to get better results.
Dry Your Hair Naturally Or Air Dry
Air drying is the best process as it does not cause any harm to your hair. If you have a windy day just blot your hairs a bit and sit under the sun for a couple of minutes. Sunlight can dry your hair quite faster. Or you can use your AC or Room Heater. Quite weird but I have personally felt that AC or room heater can really dry hair faster. So you can dry your hair fast with AC or room heater in your room and even in your car. You may read this post – Blowers Dry Vs Natural Dry
Dry Your Hair Fast With Hooded Dryer
Well, the hooded dryer is found usually in salons and are quite expensive. But it is would be a wise decision for women who do not have time to dry hair naturally. Hooded dryers have naturally less heating settings than blow dryers but they are really beneficial for hair. This gadget uses vapor to dry hair. This process is quite good for hair health. Conair Pro Styler Bonnet Hair Dryer is quite good to invest your money to minimize your time.
Dry Hair Fast With a Good Blow Dryer
Constant heat is not good for hair health at all. If you use a blow dryer every day, you are most likely to end up with split ends, rough and damaged hairs. So, in the drying process, constant use of heat is a big challenge. But it is quite a necessity. So, you can use some products like heat protectant sprays and can take some extra care of your hair to minimize the damage. Though heating is bad for your hair when you are in a real hurry you really don’t have any option left.
Get a dryer with the wattage of around 1800 watts so that the motor will be heavy to discharge more air flow and dry the hair fast. Again ceramic dryer should be the first priority to evenly heat your strands. Ionic technology dryers are the best though. Always get a dryer with multiple heat settings so that you can regulate the thing. You can choose Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer or BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer.
Quick Drying Products
Use any of the heat protectant sprays; you can use the Verb Leave- in Mist to protect your hairs from the heat. You may also apply the quick dry spray, the KMS California quick blow dry spray is quite good. It can lessen the time by 50 percent. You can also use Hair Blow Drying Styling Spray: My Amazing Blow Dry Secret Quick Dry Shake’n Spray and Design Essentials Natural Curl Enhancing Mousse.
Frequently Asked Questions on Hair Drying
Question no. 1: How to Dry Straight and Fine Hairs Fast?
Straight, fine hairs are the most delicate ones. They need appropriate care during the drying process otherwise you may end up with split ends.
- Well straight, fine hairs tend to take the least time to dry up. So, air drying is the best process for it. After washing the hair with a gentle shampoo and conditioner that adds volume, you can just leave the hair and do your morning routines work. Meanwhile, there are strong chances of hairs to dry.
- Blow drying is not a really good choice for fine hairs as they are less tolerable in absorbing heat. But if you are really in hurry you may use a good heat protectant as in HSI PROFESSIONAL Argan Oil Heat Protector.
- For your fine hair to dry fast, you can use Luke warm water for washing. Lukewarm water sets the frizz away and helps to dry fine hairs fast.
Question no. 2: How To Dry Thick, Wavy Hairs Fast?
Thick hair is a big deal to dry within a short time. If you have thick hairs blotting is a must.
- Blot your thick wavy hairs with a microfiber towel and then blow dry it. Thick wavy hair is capable of tolerating high heat. The blow dryer is not a great threat for thick hairs if you use appropriate hair products. KMS California Free Shape Quick Blow Dry is a great product as it drastically minimizes the time.
- Again while using the blow dryer on thick, wavy hairs, always focus on the roots. For thick, wavy hair you must not use fingers as it makes the hair frizzy. Instead of fingers always use a fine-toothed brush for thick, wavy hairs.
- For wavy hairs, you can also go for plopping as it dries your hair fast and also helps to maintain your waves and prevents them from going out of shape.
Question no. 3: How to Dry Curly Hairs Fast?
Drying curly hair fast is no less than a great challenge. Well for curly hairs you must follow these suggestions:
- For curly hairs, you must user diffuser along with the blow dryer. Blow dryer alone is not capable of drying your curls in a short time. Thus s diffuser is a better choice. Set the diffuser nozzle towards your roots and dry.
- Always use a multiple heat setting blow dryer. Use higher heat on the roots and lower heat on the strands.
- On curly hair paper towels are the best as often even microfiber towels are not enough to saturate the moisture from curly hair. But the paper towel is the best.
- Always use a wide-toothed comb for curly hairs.
- You can also duckbill clips to curl your curls. Use clips at your roots and make sure the front side of the clips points away from your roots. Now, set them there for ten to fifteen minutes.
Question no. 4: How To Dry Hairs Fast At Night?
There is a blasphemy goes that, “Night shower is not good for hairs,” but in busy schedules, it is quite relevant to get a shower at nights. Even a renowned hair stylist Dani Faraj has advised taking shower at night. At night you get more time to dry your hair naturally thus you don’t need to come in contact with heat. If you have time, you can naturally dry your hair at night but in case you don’t have time you can blow dryer your hair. Basically nights have more humidity in the air so naturally, drying can be much time-consuming. Thus at night blow drying is the best method to dry hair fast.
Question no. 5: How To Dry Hairs Fast Without Frizz?
Frizz is the most common problem once you dry your hair. Blow drying and hair frizz come in hand in hand. But frizz can also appear with natural or air dry. The tips below may help you out:
- Always try to air dry your hair up to 60% before you start blow drying. This process can minimize the frizz.
- The main culprit behind creating frizz is the so-called towel and brush. Always use a wide tooth brush and super soft old t-shirt as your towel. And please stop towel rubbing as it creates frizz like hell.
Wash your hair less so the natural oil of your hair can lock the moisture. Once you wash hair always use sulfate free shampoo. Argan Oil Shampoo, Sulfate Free shampoo is the best one in present market to fight back frizz. And don’t forget to deep condition hair. OGX Silicone-Free Frizz-Defy Moisture + Shea Soft and Smooth Conditioner can be used to get rid of the frizzy hair. Dry shampoo is your best friend to get off with the frizz.
- Whenever you choose the hair products as in heat protectant or hair mousse, be sure your product does not have alcohol. Alcohol swells the cuticles and leads to frizz. You can choose Xtava Thermal Heat Protectant Spray made with keratin and broccoli seed oil and free from alcohol.
- To minimize do not point the dryer to a specific always keep on moving. But focusing on the roots is mandatory.
- Resist yourself from touching your hair. Do not run your finger through hairs as it leads to making them frizzy and greasy.
- Night shower can make your hairs frizzy. So, if you don’t want to take the risk just avoid night shower. In case you have to take a night shower, use a silk or satin pillowcase or hair cap. Satin does not suck the natural moisture of your hair and keeps them frizz and tangle free. Again silk creates small frictions and does the same as satin.
- Make sections: Whenever you are heading to dry your hairs just don’t ever forget to make smaller sections. Working on the smaller sections is quite easy and effective than working on all your hairs together.
- Comb your hair and then run your fingers through them wait for two to three minutes then repeat the process again for faster drying.
- Flip your hairs upside down several times and run your fingers to provide more air and you will get better results for sure.
- Always use shampoo on your roots and conditioner on the strands.
- Humidity in the atmosphere is the main obstacle to drying your hair fast. For years, you have been mistakenly trying to dry your hair in the bathroom using a hairdryer. But your bathroom has relatively more humidity than your room. So, it is better to blow dry your hair in the room or an open area like a rooftop.
Hair drying has always been one of the most problematic deeds in every woman life and monotonous as well. I am sure you are as upset as me wasting 30 mines plus time on styling your hair. But I have tried to help you out of this problem. Try to follow the methods; you will surely be able to spare your time.