First thing first…why use a blow dryer to straighten hair when you can simply use a flat-iron?
The answer is simple, it’s because you shouldn’t use a flat-iron every day. Once a week is okay but nobody should abuse their hair every day by restraining it in between two highly heated smothering plates.
Especially when there is a method that puts lesser pressure on your hair yet creates the same posh ‘flat-ironed’ style too! Although it may take a little longer it’s healthier and you can do it at home on your own.
The best way to approach straightening hair
Healthy hair is the key to great styling such as straightening. There are some common traits, advantages, and disadvantages of every hair types. The healthier the hair the lesser the disadvantages upset the end result.
Don’t use a hairdryer in the bathroom after the shower. The wet and humid environment of the bathroom will make wavy, curly and kinky hair frizzier.
The healthier the hair the easier it is to style it quickly thus inflicting lesser damage and save time. Therefore deep conditioning is important for all types of hair especially before and after you use heat styling or at least once a week.
If you want to know how to deep condition your specific hair type please click the following link below,
Things you need to straighten your hair
- Hair products according to your hair types such as shampoo, conditioner, thermal protector etc
- A suitable hair dryer for your hair type with diffuser and concentrator attachments
- A round hair brush according to your hair length, made of a nano-ionic material with a natural boar bristle
Choose your hair products and tools wisely to ensure healthy hair
When a product is created for a specific type of hair, the pros and cons of that particular hair type are carefully considered while selecting the ingredients. So, when you buy tools and products specially made for your hair type you will always get the best styling result.
Even a great hair dryer can damage your hair if it doesn’t suit your hair type! So the most important thing is to identify your hair type. Always use hair products and tools suitable for your specific hair type to keep your hair safe, healthy and gorgeous.
Benefits of selecting hair dryer according to your hair types
Different types of hairs are classified according to the texture and thickness. It is broadly classified into the 4 following groups,
- Type: 1– Straight hair
- Type: 2 – Wavy hair
- Type: 3 – Curly hair
- Type: 4 – Natural/Kinky/Black/Afro hair
It’s absolutely important to select a great hair dryer suitable for your hair type with excellent accessories such as the diffuser and concentrator to straighten hair.
Just like the classification of the fabrics helps us decide the washing, drying and ironing method of the clothes. The classification of the hairs guides us to the hair washing and conditioning products as well as drying and styling methods beneficial to our hair types too.
The tools and setting that will ensure the best straightening experience depends massively on the hair types as well.
Attention please: Read the instruction booklet for your hair dryer
We often skip the instructions of the hair dryer manual and end up damaging our hair! It is extremely important to set the blow dryer on correct heat and speed according to the direction of your manual to get the best styling result and to avoid damage.
We understand you are excited but we suggest you use a new hair dryer for the first time on a day when you have plenty of time in your hand and not on an important day like a wedding!
Treat it like a first date! Don’t rush and take time before you change the heat and speed to higher settings. Experiment complex hairstyles only after you have used it a few times and clearly, understand how the hair dryer works on your hair.
The thicker the hair, the more heat it needs to transform it into a straighter shape. On the other hand, the setting for the finer hair is much lower and so if you use that setting on wavy to curly hair, you will not get any result at all.
Suggested best hair brush for straightening
The quality of the brush and correct maneuver is very important while straightening hair. You need a brush that will make your hair softer and pliable. Thus you need a brush made of the nano-ionic material that will emit ions when heated by the hair dryer making hair smoother and softer with natural boar bristles to enhance the shine.
You need to keep the concentrator aligned with the brush as straightly as possible for the best result.
How you hold your brush and the quality of the brush will also affect how straight your hair will be!
We hereby suggest the Nano-Ionic technology infused SUPRENT Nano Thermal Ceramic & Ionic Round Barrel Hair Brush with Boar Bristle for straightening. It is ergonomically designed to make you feel comfortable when you are straightening your hair. It comes with 12 months risk-free money back guarantee but we promise you will love it and won’t return it.
You can buy a single brush according to your hair length or get 2, one for the bangs and other for the full length of hair.
- It comes in 4 sizes, 1 inch, 1.3 Inch, 1.8 Inch and 2 Inch
- Short hair=12 Inch, Medium hair =18 Inch and Long hair is 30=Inch approximately
|Barrel Size||Hair Type|
|Type 1: Straight Hair||Type 2: Wavy Hair||Type 3: Curly Hair||Type 4: Natural/Kinky/black/Afro Hair|
|1inch||Short to medium||Not suitable||Not suitable||Not suitable|
|1.3 Inch||Medium to long||Short||Not suitable||Only suitable for Type:4c Short|
|1.8 Inch||Not suitable||Medium||Short to medium||Medium|
|2 Inch||Not suitable||Long||Medium to Long||Long|
Suggested the 4 best hair dryer for straightening hair According to your hair type, strength, and the weaknesses
Type: 1 – Straight hair
- 1a –The finest and thinnest hair of all, oily scalp and least volume
- 1b – Thicker but pin straight, a little more volume than 1a, soft and silky
- 1c – Thicker and has more volume with slight bends, normal texture
- Naturally straight
- Shiny and smooth
- Soft and silky
- Difficult to manage or style
- Especially doesn’t hold curl due to being too silky
- It is fragile and prone to damage
- Can’t endure frequent high heat styling
- Needs to be washed frequently due to oiliness
Why do we suggest straightening for Type 1 – Straight hair?
Your hair is too difficult to curl and won’t hold shape for long without prolonged exposure to the high heat and hair styling products which is very damaging to your soft and fragile hair!
Heat and product build-up from curling will also make your sebaceous gland overactive and will make your hair even more oily so why waste time and get half straight bad curly hair and risk damaging your fine hair in that process?
Thus we suggest that you should straighten the few irregular bends you have with a blow dryer and flaunt your naturally gorgeous straight hair. Using a volumizing thermal protector and the diffuser attachment you can volumize and add body to your hair.
Suggested Hairdryer for straightening the Type: 1 – Straight hair
We suggest this ionic ceramic gentle hair dryer Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer; Pink – Amazon Exclusive for all the categories of Type 1 – Straight hair. It is suitable for all the hair types so it will not harm any categories of straight hair.
- It offers 3-heat settings and 2-speed settings to adjust according to your hair type for safer hair drying as well as straightening
- The diffuser will volumize the hair so it doesn’t look flat and limp especially on the crown
- For lasting volume apply volumizing thermal protectant on your hair and then use the diffuser
- The health-promoting ionic technology of this blow dryer will give you gorgeous and voluminous straightened hair in minutes at home safely without damage
- Cool shot button for locking the volume and style
Type: 2 – Wavy hair
- 2a – Large loose bends, normal in texture, normal body
- 2b – More defined S-shaped waves, dry and frizzy on the top with volume
- 2c – Well defined tighter waves, almost curly but lesser volume
- Wavy hair has natural volume and texture
- can be easily styled
- can grow longer faster
- Can be straightened easily with a good blow dryer
- Almost impossible to tame it naturally without heat
Why do we suggest straightening for wavy hair?
Your hair is moody! Everybody thinks you have the best hair in the world and beach waves comes naturally to you but only you know how difficult it is to ‘surf’ the waves for real.
Wavy hair has a tendency to drop down flat as well as go frizzy. It is absolutely impossible to naturally tame this type of hair without a hair dryer so we suggest you style it while you dry it!
Most wavy girls reach out either for the curling iron or the flat iron for a quick fix. However, quickest isn’t always the best solution! Any type of ironing every day can make wavy hair drier and brittle causing breakage and even hair fall.
Thus we suggest a wonderful blow dryer to you that will give you enough power to mold your hair into shiny straightened hair without damage.
Suggested Hairdryer for straightening the Type: 2 – Wavy hair
We suggest the Xtava Ionic Blow Dryer Voluminous Toolkit with Hair Dryer Diffuser and Round Body Hair Brush for all the categories of Type 2 – Wavy hair because,
- This double shine ceramic hair dryer is powerful enough to tame even the curly hair so you can count on it for taming your frizzy mane into sleek and straightened hair
- The dual ion setting dispels the water faster-making hair smoother and frizz free
- It offers 2-heat settings and 3-speed settings to adjust to your moody waves
- It has a diffuser included to increase the volume of 2a and 2b type of wavy hair
- 2c type wavy hair can use the diffuser to dry hair quicker and eliminate 80% frizz before straightening hair in no time
- Cool shot button to lock the shine and style
Type 3 – Curly hair
- 3a – S-shaped well-defined curls, frizzy and has volume
- 3b – Gap between the curls are shorter, Well defined and coiled, frizz and volume
- 3c – Well defined springy smaller ring-shaped curls, dry, coarse, frizzy with much volume
- Curly hair is strong, thick and robust
- Has great volume
- Can endure the pressure of styling with ease
- Can go without washing hair for days
- Too much volume is a problem at times
- Styling hair takes longer than all the rest
- Frequent heat styling may cause dryness and roughness
- Hair grows slowly
Why do we suggest straightening for Type 3 – Curly hair?
Your hair has a strong personality and you need more preparation than the others to straighten it and still need the highest heat setting to mold your hair.
Deep conditioning before straightening is mandatory for you if you want to straighten hair with a hairdryer. Most people think curly hair is invincible but even the strongest hair has a limit of tolerance so don’t use the flat iron every single day.
If you do not deep condition your hair, curly hair will not be fully straightened without a flat iron however you can get an interesting crimped texture that can be your unique signature hairstyle.
Whenever you temporarily straighten your hair with a flat iron you can also maintain it easily with a hair dryer until you wash your hair.
So, we are suggesting a robust blow dryer along with a diffuser and concentrator that can handle the curly hair. The concentrator and blow dryer together will give you the best looking straightened hair possible other than a flat iron.
It will give you enough power to mold your hair into shiny, crimped but straighter hair without damage. It will also maintain your straightened hair keeping it smoother and softer.
Don’t ignore the hairbrush we suggested for you! It will make your hair softer so it can be straightened easily while boosting shine too.
Suggested Hairdryer for straightening the Type: 3 – Curly hair
Infiniti Pro by Conair 1875 Watt Salon Performance AC Motor Styling Tool for all the categories of Type 3 – Curly hair because
- Use the diffuser on damp hair to make your hair softer and manage your volume
- The hair dryer will make your hair straighter when blow dried using the concentrator and the brush
- The hair dryer dries hair 50% faster which matters when you have a large volume of hair
- The blow dryer also eliminates 70% frizz and gives you 3 different heat setting and 2 air flow speed for fully controlling your hair making it shiny with the
- Touching up with this blow dryer will keep your straightened hair straight until you wash your hair
This is an alternative solution if you have coarser, dryer and frizzier curly hair. If you have the extra volume of hair that just fiercely fights you back then you should try this diffuser to save time and make the voluminous hair more pliable and softer so it can be straightened.
The Xtava orchid diffuser is the biggest diffuser in the market and will fit with any hair dryer that has the 1.8 Inch diameter. It also fits with The Infiniti Pro by Conair 1875 Watt Salon Performance AC Motor Styling Tool which we have suggested for all the categories of Type 3 – Curly hair.
- The Longer finger of the Xtava orchid diffuser goes deep into the thickest hair and dries the curly hair much faster making it soft and manageable
- Reduces frizz and adds shine
- Prepare the hair for straightening faster
Type 4 – Natural/Kinki/Black/Afro hair
- 4a – Well defined tightly coiled curls, coarse and frizzy
- 4b – Well defined corkscrew curls, more volume and very frizzy
- 4c – Z shaped curls, delicate and fluffy, shrinks when wet, prone to damage
- Dense and superbly defined coils
- Uniquely beautiful
- Has the most volume and body
- Can go unwashed for days
- Dryness and roughness
- Styling takes longer
- Type 4 hair grows slowly and shrinks in the humidity
- 4c Z shaped hair is very delicate and can shrink up to 70% thus needs extra attention
Why do we suggest straightening for the Natural/Kinki/Black/Afro hair?
4a and 4b hair are dense that styling it in curls will make your head feel heavier. Traditionally type 4 hairs are braided to keep it under control but once in a while, you need to let your hair breathe freely.
The 4c type hair, on the other hand, is too delicate to handle curling irons or flat irons frequently thus it’s only possible to style with a good quality hairdryer.
Therefore, we suggest all categories of type 4 hairs to straighten hair with a hairdryer so you feel lighter and achieve a brand new look without risking damaging your hair.
To avoid damage we suggest you a super hair dryer that is a damage control specialist so it will style your hair without making it frizzier or dryer and keep your locks under control.
Suggested Hairdryer for straightening the Type: 4 – Natural/Kinky/Black/Afro hair
We suggest the Remington D3190A Damage Control Ceramic Hair Dryer, Ionic Dryer, Hair Dryer, Purple, for all the categories of Type 4 – Natural Kinky hair, because;
- Micro-conditioners: Get 3x more damage protection than any other Remington dryers or from any other dryers too
- This ionic dryer reduces frizz, tourmaline protects hair from overheating and ceramic layered grill emits healthy infra-red heat to ensure faster hair drying thus hair straightening becomes easier with this dryer
- It has a diffuser to dry hair quicker and add volume to the crown
- The concentrator attached to the dryer and the brush will make your hair straighter
In the end, we must remind you that healthy hair is always easier to style. If we take good care of our hair, keep a disciplined and healthy lifestyle and also use the best tools and hair products for our crowning glory, then we can easily straighten any type of hair with a blow dryer without damage. Also, make sure to keep your hair dryer, accessories and the hairbrush clean and stored in a dry place.
- Glamour, Super poker straight hair is officially a thing again., 21 November 2017
- eHow Contributor, How to Straighten Hair with a Blow-dryer
- Reward Me, 7 Home Remedies To Get Straight Hair Naturally., 08 March 2016