Hair dryer is one of the most common tools for personal grooming in today’s world. The usage of hair dryer now not only popular among women but also among men. Yes! Men do have different types of glands, skin on their scalp, hormones from the women and they also have to face many types of hair problems. Hairdryer in some cases can really solve the men hair problems. It can also bring some other advantages to men. And this is why, from domestic to salon purpose, men hair dryers are used vastly. In this article, we are going to suggest some fantastic quality hair dryer products which are made especially for men.
At first, we should let you know the “scientific” reasons in brief that cause men hair problems:
1. Oil gland
The men hair is naturally subjected to more oil glands. As a result, these glands make them sweat more comparatively to the women. Sweaty scalp often causes hair problems.
2. Active gland
Men have active glands which secrete more oil. And excessive secretion of oil damage men hair.
3. Hormone testosterone
There is another reason for which more oil produces in the scalp of the men. And that is male hormone testosterone.
In some cases, men face many kinds of hair problems which “real” reasons are difficult to find. Most of the time, men have to face these problems due to their genetic defects. Yes, we know genetic problems cannot be solved so easily but a good hair dryer can help you so that you face fewer problems. We will talk about it in later portions of the article.
5. Skin type
Men skin type is different than women. When men shave their head, it destroys the hydrolipidic film that makes skin rough by removing the natural protection and lubrication. And the fact is, this damage can happen to your skin not only by shaving but also not taking good care of your scalp.
From the upper section, now you know the scientific reasons for men hair problems. Beside these mentioned reasons, there can be (are) few more reasons behind this dilemma. This is true that not every reason can be solved by using a hairdryer, but you will be happy to know that most of these problems can actually be solved or reduce the possibility of damage your hair by using a hairdryer. Now take a look at the following section where you will know the possible hair problems you may face, and how you can get rid of those issues by using a good quality hair dryer.
Frequently faced problems
These are the common problems men have to face with their hair:
This is the most common hair problem that almost every man has to face at least once in a lifetime. Hair damage can be considered in two ways:
hair fall: Hair fall is also known as “alopecia” which means baldness. Your hair will start to fall from your head and gradually it will take to the “bald-men” club. Sometimes this causes a genetic disorder. And sometimes it causes for not taking good care of your hair which actually can be solved by using hair dryers. How? You will know it in the next section.
hair thinning: This is another type of hair damage. When your hair will start to get thin, we will not necessarily get full bald (or you may) but you will look kind of them because your scalp will easily be seen through your “thin” hair.
The low density of hair
This is a natural problem of men’s hair if we start to compare their hair to women’s. Most of the men (around 89%) have low-density hair which makes their hair look thin or less in quantity.
Not able to grow long hair properly
Have you ever thought why men are always preferred in short hair? This is not like the other trends of our digital society. This has been happening from old days like primitive era or something. To be honest, men actually have that potential to grow their hair long like women but sadly they do not take care and keep the health of their hair up to the mark.
When you will not be aware of the health of your hair, not dry them properly or comb them in the right way, you will often face hair knots surely.
Facing crazy cowlicks
Cowlicks is another common problem that men face. And each and every man face this problem. Yes, the percentage of occurring this problem is 100%. But the funny thing is, many people avoid this complication. By using a hair dryer, you can solve this problem smartly.
Now let us tell you how you can solve the issues mentioned above by using a hair dryer.
Stopping hair damage
We told about the nature of men skin before which sometimes cause hair damage. Here is the thing, when you dry your hair by using a towel it actually affects the skin of your head as well as the health of your hair. This process is rough on the hair where a blow dryer dries your hair so smoothly and do not damage your skin or condition of your hair.
The high temperature is not good at all for men’s hair. So you will not be necessarily needing over 1875 wattage hair dryer. Any hair dryer under this wattage will do the job perfectly by drying and styling. At the same time, it will prevent your hair damage.
Relief from hair knots and cowlicks
If you use concentrator nozzle while drying your hair it will assist the dryer to flow the air more accurately out of the machine. As a result, it will dry your hair in a very good way and will not make any frizz in your hair at all.
On the other hand, comb attachments with hair dryers can be a great help for men. We talked about cowlicks and hair knots in the upper section. Comb attachment with a dryer is the ultimate solution to these two major problems. You just have to comb your hair with this tool while drying your hair. Simple!
Increase the density of your hair
You can use brush attachment with your dryer to take care of your hair. This tool also can eliminate the knots and cowlicks of your hair and beside this, can mainly add tension and a little volume in your hair which is also a prime feature of diffuser attachment. Which is the ultimate solution to another hair problem – hair thinning?
Make your hair healthy
Each and every hair dryer you will find in the market, have different heat and speed settings.
Depending on your hair type (fine, curly, kinky) you can choose the heat setting of the dryer. In general, the thicker hair you have, the more heat will be needed to dry your hair. There can be 3 (low, medium, high) or 2 (low and high) heat settings in the dryer.
Speed setting is also important for drying hair by keeping the health of the hair up to the mark. The hair in all portions of the hair does not remain same all time. So you will be needing to flow your hair differently to take good care. In this case, various speed settings (low, medium, high) will assist you a lot.
Quick tip: According to the men hair experts, you should use either low speed and high heat setting or high speed and low heat setting to ensure the highest possible care for your hair.
Technologies to the rescue
Beside the mentioned ways, there are various types of technologies used in hair dryers that helps to improve your hair health overall.
Ionic and ceramic technology helps to dry your fast while not damaging your hair. While drying it continuously emits non-damaging infrared heat. Hair expert Perez states that it dries your hair gently. Moreover, it will add heat protection to your hair.
Tourmaline technology increases the ability of the hair greatly by strengthening. It actually enables the hair to encounter high temperature without creating any type of damage. It also emanates infrared heat and negative ions which make the heat much gentler on the hair. Infrared heat technology also helps to dry your hair faster because it dries your hair from deep inside. It makes your hair knots free and shiny.
Note: Technologies like Nano Titanium is an exclusive technology which is good for women but not good for men at all. It produces high temperature to dry the hair faster. It will damage men’s hair and it is highly prohibited for short hair people. So you better not choose a dryer features titanium technology.
In the upper section, we have written the benefits of using a hair dryer on men’s hair and how it can be beneficial to get rid of various hair problems. But the great fact is, you can actually enjoy more benefits by using a blow dryer. Let us tell you the other advantages in short in the following:
Hair dryers are great for styling hair. If you have curly or wavy hair, you can use comb or brush attachments while drying if you want to make your hair straight. Or fine hair people also keep their hair straight by these tools. On the other hand, diffuser attachment will help to maintain curly hair by adding a great amount of volume to your hair.
Prevent oily, greasy look
Usage of hair dryers will decrease the secretion of oil in your hair as a result, you the health of the hair will be defended greatly and hair will not start thinning or damaging for oily scalp.
Save money from the salon
There are many men who actually care for their hair and go to the salon for various purposes. Now you can see that most of the tasks can be done with a good quality hair dryer in your home. As a result, you do not have the salon for every purpose which will help you to save some money every week or month.
Features that you should also be known of
There are few features that most hair dryer products offer. We think you should be known for these features so that you can find the product which is best and most beneficial for you. But remember all of the following features are not necessarily provided in a single product:
There are some hair dryers that have dual voltage system. As a result, you can travel with those particular hair dryers all around the world. These are generally compact in size for easy storage. These types of dryers are commonly known as travel hair dryer.
Cool Shot Button
It is actually a button by which a blast of cool air flows to your hair directly. The cool shot button is needed mainly to set your hairstyles.
Long Length Cord
Long length cord helps its users to move around while drying and styling their hair. So this feature is provided for comfortable usage of the dryer.
Comfort grip is provided in some products. This feature helps to hold the dryer comfortably and use the dryer for a long time without any complication.
The removable end cap/filter is needed to clean up the inside of your hair dryer. This feature is provided so that people can keep the dryer neat which will help the product last longer.
Before buying a dryer, you should be aware of the weight of that product because comfortability of using the dryer is vastly depended on its weight. From our research, we have seen that a dryer under 1.5 pounds is considered as lightweight. Note that, you will not face difficulties unless the weight of the dryer is over 2 pounds.
Now you know almost everything you needed to know before buying the best hair dryer for men. Let’s jump to the product section.
4 best hair dryers for men
There are many types of hair dryers available on the market in the different price range. They provide different types of attachments and other features. From our deep research, we have selected 3 best hair dryer products for men.
1. Jinri Salon Grade Professional Hair Dryer – Best salon standard hair dryer for all types and lengths of hair
Why we love it
- Ceramic far infrared heating technology: infrared heat helps to dry your hair faster because it heats the hair from deep within. And it is proved that this dryer is capable of drying your hair 50% faster compared to the non-infrared dryers. On the other hand, it also helps to relieve muscular pressure by improving blood circulation.
- Ionic technology injected a high amount of negative ions, the airflow from the dryer breaks apart water molecules for easier evaporation. At the same time, it makes the hair look shinier and frizz free.
- 1 diffuser to add a good amount of tension and volume in the hair root to increase the density of hair
- 1 concentrator nozzle for accurate airflow through the dryer to improve the health of your hair
- it provides comb nozzle attachment to remove hair knots and cowlicks easily
- 1875 wattage
- 3 heat settings and 2-speed settings to prevent hair damage
- Cool shot button flows cold air to set the hairstyle.
- Removable cap feature allows you to clean the dryer easily
- Lightweight (around 1.5 pounds)
- 2 years of warranty
- No tourmaline technology
- No brush attachment (but comb accessory gets the job done)
2. T3 Featherweight Luxe 2I Dryer – Best professional hair dryer for men
Why we love it
- T3 Tourmaline: Patented infusion process exploits negative ions & infrared heat for fast drying. On the other hand, it makes hair healthier.
- Ionic: Breaks down water molecules for faster drying and helps hair to shine.
- T3 Ion generator maximizes the concentration of ions in airflow. As a result, it helps to dry fast and good for styling.
- The ceramic infrared energy heats hair equally from the inside out for faster drying and it will give you a long-lasting
- T3 SoftAire is an exclusive technology that T3 uses. It delivers a large, perfectly even cone of heat that quickens drying process.
- it comes with tourmaline 2.5” (63.5mm) barrel brush that reduces hair knots and And also boosts shine.
- Full professional hair dryer
- Long Life Motor: Professional-level, highly durable, long-lasting motor.
- 1800 wattage dryer
- 2 Speed settings and 3 Heat Settings to prevent damage to your hair
- The cool shot button which is actually a burst of cold air locks in any style for a great
- Tourmaline Concentrator which directs concentrated airflow for more detailed and accurate drying which improve the quality of your hair
- Ergonomic Handle feature to reduce strain on your wrist for comfortable drying experience.
- 9ft professional cord for comfortable drying experience.
- Lightweight (around 1.15 Pounds)
- 2 years of warranty
- Does not provide any diffuser but you can buy “BestTrendy Professional Universal Hair Diffuser”.
- There is no comb accessory (but brush attachment does the same job)
3. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer (High quality and professional dryer but expensive) – An alternative product to T3
Supersonic hair dryer is also good quality hair dryer product which provides almost the same specification as a T3 hair dryer. It is also a full professional hair dryer that uses digital motor v9. You can choose this product as well but the only negative side of this dryer is it is highly expensive. So if you are willing to spend a large amount of money, you can go for this product.
4. Scnvo Outdoor Cordless Blow Dryer – Best travel hair dryer for men
Men often go outside for work or other purposes. So if you have to go outside or travel around on daily basis and you are also aware of the health of hair, you just need a travel hair dryer. (though travels dryers do not provide a vast amount of technologies and features) We would like to suggest Scnvo Outdoor Cordless Blow Dryer is for you.
Why we love it
- Wireless dyer for easy portability
- Mild air and low-temperature system especially for men
- works great on short hair
- The dryer also can produce cold air which is great to prevent hair damage
- You can dry your hair by hot air for 15-20 minutes and you can dry your hair by cold air for another 20 minutes. But if you want to dry your hair only with cold hair, you can blow your hair for 4-5 hours.
- It provides concentrator nozzle which helps to blow the air accurately on hair. It keeps the condition of hair very healthy
- DC motor
- 360 wattage
- Does not produce an electromagnetic wave. So it is harmless for your hair as well as your body.
- Detachable handle
- Lightweight (around 0.8 pounds)
- LI-ON 15V / 13450mAH battery
- Charging time 3.5 hours
- It can be carried to outdoor, very travel-friendly
- No diffusers (you can buy “BestTrendy Professional Universal Hair Diffuser”)
- Does not provide any comb or brush attachment (you can buy “Willie Morrow’s Unbreakable Thermo Blow Dry Nozzle” universal attachment)
All of these 3 hair dryer products are great in quality and relatively affordable. We have chosen these products very carefully so if we could help you to choose the right product according to your requirements at ease. If you are that kind of person who needs to travel a lot for work purpose or something, he should definitely go for Scnvo travel hair dryer. It will assist him anywhere, anytime. On the other hand, men who have especially frizzy hair, who faces hair knots or cowlicks quite a lot, and cannot or do not want to spend money for a full professional hair dryer, he should go for Jinri Salon Grade Professional Hair Dryer (A complete men’s hair dryer set). And finally, men who like to go to a salon and take care of their hair by professional quality hair dryers which are mostly used by hair experts can go for a T3 hair dryer. It will definitely fulfill all of your needs and you can save some money as well.
- Men’s Health, 10 things you should know about male hair loss, March 15, 2018
- Taryn Brooke, 5 Reasons Why Men Should Blow Dry Their Hair, May 12, 2017
- Independent, How men’s hairstyles have evolved over the last 50 years, 7 September 2017