Mayonnaise has earned enough bad publicity and strongly labeled as bad food but these same fatty ingredients of mayonnaise are excellent for your hair!
Eggs, mustard, olive oil and vinegar or lemon juice are the ingredients of mayonnaise and these are also the essential key ingredients of the DIY hair packs or masks for ages!
Mayonnaise has remarkable healing, nourishing and deep conditioning properties. It makes your hair healthier, smoother, frizz-free and shinier, so why not use it all at once as mayonnaise and cut down the hassle!
However, we don’t recommend just about any store-bought mayonnaise because there are salt and sugar as well as preservatives such as the (E211) Sodium Benzoate and (E202) Potassium Sorbate that may cause harm instead of making your hair beautiful.
But I just don’t have Time…
Well, if you have little time or are afraid to make the mayonnaise on your own then you may buy it. Just make sure it is organic, salt-free, sugar-free, and free from the preservatives and meant to use on the hair specifically.
However, we suggest you make the mayonnaise at home with fresh natural organic ingredients because it gives you the best result and you can customize it for your specific needs.
We will also use an ionic soft bonnet hair dryer to give a warm spa-like effect. It will ensure even heat and assist the nutrients of the mayonnaise to penetrate the hair follicles giving you deep conditioning result in 45 minutes only.
Your hair will be nourished, healthier, stronger and gorgeous from within from the first application!
Benefits of Applying Mayonnaise combined with an Ionic Hair Dryer
Following are the benefits of using mayonnaise hair-treatment. We recommend an ionic hair dryer to create a spa-like environment to increase the benefit of the mayonnaise and make the process faster, efficient without any damage.
- Nourishment: The protein from the eggs nourishes hair preventing breakage.
- Restore Ph Balance: Vinegar or lemon juice helps in balancing a healthy pH level to repair damaged hair.
- Deep Conditioning: The fatty oils deeply conditions hair increasing elasticity and luster eliminating frizz.
- Hair Growth: Mustard is a key ingredient of mayonnaise. It stimulates the scalp boosting blood flow promoting hair growth. Olive oil makes the roots grow stronger and stop hair fall. Egg proteins eliminate breakage and fatty oils lubricate hair by increasing the elasticity of keeping the moisture from drying. The vinegar helps restore damage by maintaining a healthy pH level so all over hair growth increases by using mayonnaise as a hair mask.
- Anti-Lice, Dandruff, and Itchy Scalp Treatment: Lice infestation can be eliminated by regular application of mayonnaise. Dandruff and itchy scalp can also be treated with mayonnaise.
- Repair Your Scalp And Damaged Hair: Damaged due to being exposed to the harsh Sun or weather, chemical or color treatment such as straightening or bleaching can be cured with applying mayonnaise regularly.
- Damage Control: Hair and scalp damaged by the styling appliances such as the flat iron or curling iron can be recovered with the mayonnaise mask.
- Wash-away Conditioner for Curly Hair: You can moisturize dry and frizzy hair by using mayonnaise regularly after shampoo and wash away with plain water for well defined glossy curls.
- Sunscreen for Your Hair: Mayonnaise protects your hair from the harmful UV rays of the Sun by creating an outer protective coating on the hair the keeps your hair moisturized.
- Hair Straightening: Mayonnaise can be used for hair straightening and calming frizzy hair.
Why the Ionic Hairdryer is Important for the Mayonnaise Spa Treatment
Mayonnaise is quite thick so you have to keep it in your head for a long time to let it saturate into your hair follicle for the best result. It can take about 6 to 12 hours to deep condition your hair which means either you do it overnight or waste a complete day for it.
Most people opt for the overnight deep conditioning thinking they will apply the mask, wear a turban, get the deep conditioning done while sleeping and flaunt their gorgeously shining hair the next morning but sorry to burst your bubble because it is quite messy and uncomfortable.
The ionic soft bonnet hair dryer fits on to your head creating an enclosure that doesn’t let the heat escape thus the mayonnaise deeply penetrate the hair follicles providing a spa-like atmosphere, moisturizing and conditioning hair deeply, quickly but safely.
When you use a hot damp towel to create the sauna effect the heat is not uniformly distributed and hair gets ripped due to the weight of the towel too.
Related Article: How Can A Good Hair Dryer Reduce Hair Damage?
The Best Ionic Hair Dryer for the Deep Conditioning Spa Treatment with Mayonnaise
For the deep conditioning DIY spa-treatment at home, we recommend the Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer, Purple with White Bonnet.
The negative ions and gentle uniform warmth of this soft bonnet hairdryer help the mayonnaise penetrate deep into the hair follicles faster and nourish your hair. It is suitable for all hair types so you don’t need to worry about your specific hair type.
Only 4 Ingredients Natural Mayonnaise Recipe
- 2 to 3 egg yolks, depending on the size of the eggs as well as the length of your hair too
- Mustard paste
- Apple cider vinegar and
- Olive oil
Step 1: Separate the egg yolks from whites and pour 1tbsp apple cider vinegar and whisk gently for a minute.
Step 2: You can use an electric mixer as well. Slowly pour a little olive oil at a time and keep on whisking or mixing until fluffy.
Step 3: Store it in the fridge for a week!
Different Ways of Mayonnaise Hair Treatment
The Mayonnaise we prepared here is rich in fat and protein contents making it the best natural hair conditioning pack suitable for every type of hair. For fine to normal hair, it adds strength and body while for the frizzy hair it adds shine and elasticity. Promote hair growth for all the hair types too. It has some great therapeutic use such as healing the itchy scalp due to psoriasis and we have given the best 3 use down below.
- Mayonnaise Deep Conditioning Treatment for Dehydrated and Split Hair
- Mayonnaise Hair mask for Hair Growth
- Mayonnaise Hair Mask to Treat Itchy Scalp and Lice
1. Mayonnaise Deep Conditioning Treatment for Dehydrated and Split Hair
- 1 scoop of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Shea butter
- 1 teaspoon of Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of Argan oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 to 2 vitamin E capsules
Mix the shea butter, oils, honey and the mayonnaise together. Cut the capsule and pour the vitamin E oil and mix it well and apply on your hair and put on the soft bonnet ionic hair dryer.
Click below for the step by step detailed Spa regime using the mayonnaise recipe with the Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer.
2. Mayonnaise Hair mask for Hair Growth
Things you will need
- 2 yellow skinned onions
- 1 green chili
- Fenugreek seed powder
- Sour curd
- Lemon juice
- 1 to 1.5 tablespoon of mayonnaise
Wash, peel and cut the onions. Make a smooth paste of the onions and chili. Add mayonnaise, sour card, and fenugreek powder and mix well. Add the lemon juice in the end. The smell of the onions will go away because of the curd and the lemon juice.
Apply on your hair and turn on the soft bonnet hair dryer. Check out the link given below for detailed instruction about how to use this hair mask with the Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer to ensure rapid hair growth.
3. Mayonnaise Hair Mask to Treat Itchy Scalp and Lice with an Ionic Hair Dryer
The necessary items
- Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Mix the apple cider vinegar with the mayonnaise and apply on the slightly damp hair. The mayonnaise will treat the scalp for itchiness and suffocate the lice while the apple cider vinegar kills it.
However, all the eggs may not die without applying heat and hatch again! Thus please use the ionic hair dryer we have suggested here that creates uniform heat inside the cap eliminating all the lice, hatchlings and eggs too. For detailed method please click the link below.
How to apply the mayonnaise hair masks mentioned here and use the ionic hair dryer for the best result
- Damp and detangle hair. Apply the mayonnaise mask liberally
- Don’t rub vigorously and be gentle.
- Use the Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer on setting 1 for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cap and gently massage the scalp again with your fingertips.
- Wash carefully with shampoo and warm water.
- Apply conditioner and leave for 10 minutes and then wash with normal water.
- Use a natural leave-in conditioner such as the argan oil or grape-seed oil.
- Dry or curl your hair using Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer.
- Apply natural oil with SPF on your hair for protection from the harmful UV rays whether it’s sunny or not. The UV rays and various pollutants are more harmful on a cloudy day because the pollution can’t escape due to the clouds.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Carrot Seed Oil. It has natural Sun Protection Factor of 35 to 40 SPF. You might also use the Raspberry Seed Oil. It has about 25 to 50 SPF. Cut and pour the vitamin E capsule into either oil and apply on your hair. Brush turning your hair upside down first and then turn upright and brush again.
- If you find it too thick then you can add a little water and use a sprayer too.
- Follow the regimes 1 to 2 times every week for the best result.
- Always remember to detangle hair and lightly damp it for easier application before applying any hair mask.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise for normal short hair and increase for longer and thicker hair.
- If you have to add other beneficial ingredients such as the sour curd, Shea butter, coconut oil, almond oil etc then mix those in a separate bowl first.
- Adjust the amount of the mayonnaise by eyeballing the mixture of the other ingredients so you don’t end up with too much hair product and waste it.
- Mix everything nicely and then apply it generously from the root to the tip.
- Always keep the heat setting on 1 when using the Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer. We don’t want excessive heat and just need an evenly warm and cozy environment so the mask can work into the hair faster, deeply but gently.
In the end, the regularity is what matters the most. If you wish to get the best result and the ten specific benefits we had mentioned here then use freshly home-made organic mayonnaise excluding salt and sugar twice a week. You can make a bigger batch and share it with friends too because the mayonnaise mask is suitable for all the hair types.
- Natural Hair Queen, Here’s Exactly How to do the Mayonnaise Hair Treatment
- Sam, How to Use Mayonnaise Hair Treatment for Damaged Hair
- Meenal Rajapet, 8 Amazing Benefits Of Mayonnaise Hair Treatment, September 19, 2017