If you are a health conscious person, you must be aware of the EMFs that are emitted from our daily used electrical devices. People all around the world are using a blow dryer to dry and style their hair in their regular life.
Undoubtedly it has made our work easy but at the same time these dryers are continuously affecting our body by producing a lot of EMF radiation which can be a great threat in long run according to the physicians.
In this article, we are going to let you know all about EMF in detail, reasons for choosing a low EMF hair dryer and suggest some verified low EMF hair dryer products.
EMF Stands for Electro Magnetic Field. EMFs are produced from wireless or electrical devices which are imperceptible lines of force. There are two types of EMFs. They are low frequency and high frequency. Low-frequency EMFs are produced from electricity and devices.
High-frequency electromagnetic fields are produced from all kinds of wireless devices. This type of EMFs is also called “RF” or Radio Frequency. Since blow dryers are also electrical devices, they also emit EMFs. Dryers are not wireless; only low-frequency EMFs are produced from them.
There are two elements in a hair dryer that make it work. One of them is an electrical fan and other is the heating element. In this case, our main concentration is the motor. Applying power to the hair dryer allows the motor to start spinning the fan inside and that is where electromagnetic fields are produced.
Are EMFs harmful to health?
The effects of EMFs on human health is being studied for years worldwide. Martin Halper, the EPA’s Director of Analysis and Support says “I have never seen a set of epidemiological studies that remotely approached the weight of evidence that we’re seeing with EMFs. Clearly, there is something here.”
Till now, around 25000 articles have been written on this issue. After reviewing hundreds of studies and two dozens of epidemiological studies on humans indicated a link between EMFs and serious health problems, EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) declared that the threat is real. There are many more evidence from which we can verify the actuality of the threat.
“It has now become generally accepted that there are, indeed, biological effects due to field exposure.” – reported by the Department of Energy in November 1989. On the other hand, Dr. David Carpenter who was the Dean at the School of Public Health, State University of New York believed that up to 30% of childhood cancer is caused by the EMF exposer.
Paul Brodeur, an investigative science writer, and author, whose writings have appeared in The New Yorker wrote a series of articles on this issue as well in 1989. And these articles had a great impact on scientists and other concerned people in the world.
From the above evidence, we can say that EMFs have dangerous effects on the human body. That means the electromagnetic fields that emit from the blow dryers can harm its users. This is why people should use “Low EMF” hair dryer for safety.
How low EMF hair dryers are made
In the day of modern science, technologies have invented to reduce the amount of EMFs production from electrical devices. There are very few hair dryer companies have used exclusive technology in their products that helps to decrease the production of electromagnetic fields from the blow dryers.
To reduce the amount of emitted EMF, these manufacturer companies used the technology of creating built-in electromagnetic fields in the opposite direction which is called the back/counter EMF. As a result, a very low amount of EMFs rather than the high amount of EMFs are produced from that particular dryer. This is how low EMF hair dryers are made. This type of blow dryers causes less harm (considered almost no harm) to the people.
Check out the following table first:
|Source||mG up to 4 inches||mG at 3 feet|
These are the measurements from some common sources of EMF (in milligauss unit). You can see that hair dryer actually emits a lot of EMFs comparatively to the other electrical devices if it is used close to your hair.
The usual circumambient level of the 60-Hz magnetic field to be 0.5 mG is reported by many utility and government documents. The Environmental Protection Agency has set a safety standard of 1 mG.
On the other hand, from our deep research, we came to know that at 2.5 mG adverse biological effects have been found. So in conclusion, we can say that the most recommended safety levels range from 0.5 mG to 2.5 mG.
If you use a low EMF hair dryer, you will be safe from those diseases that can be caused by exposure to EMF radiation. Some common EMF exposure symptoms are:
- Chronic headaches
- Extreme lassitude
- Feeling of anxiety
- Unable to sleep soundly at night
- Itchy, burning skin impressions
- A motionless feeling in the brain
- Ringing Ears
- Baffling rashes
- Body discomfort
- Weaken resistance
- Hormonal disproportions
- Other unfamiliar symptoms that doctors cannot identify the origin
- Excessive EMF exposure to pregnant women can cause childhood autism, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and asthma.
The effects of the EMFs vary from person to person. There are some people who are very sensitive to EMF exposure and some are not. So EMFs that emit from hair dryers can affect someone very badly.
On the other hand, some people can use the dryers in their regular life without facing any trouble. But we have to remember that, our health is always our first priority. So if you are very conscious about your health, you should not compromise and think about safety. And where it comes to the safety, Low EMF hair dryer is for you.
The only disadvantage of Low EMF hair dryers is the products are very expensive. So it is difficult for all people to afford a Low EMF blow dryer.
The reason behind the expensiveness
The main reason behind its expensiveness is the technology that is used to produce a reverse/counter EMF. This is certainly an expensive technology which affects the pricing of the whole product.
On the other hand, from the above discussion, you are now informed that people are affected by the radiation of the EMFs of hair dryers. People who use dryers regularly but at their home, maybe once or twice a day experience less EMF exposure than the hair experts.
Hair experts spend all day in a salon doing their work. They use blow dryers several (maybe 7-8 times minimum) a day and are bound to be exposed to a lot more of EMF radiation than other average people. So Low EMF hair dryers are badly needed for them and this is why all of the low EMF hair dryers are salon/professional quality; expensive.
Top 3 Low EMF Hair Dryer
It is very hard to find out the level of radiation of a product if it is not labeled as Low EMF dryer. Gaussmeter is the commonly used instrument to measure the strength of magnetic fields. But this tool is very much expensive. So are now going to suggest you some very good hair dryer products which are tested and labeled as Low EMF from the manufacturer.
1. CHI Pro Dryer – Recommended for all types of (especially wavy, natural and curly) hair
Why we like it
- Salon quality
- Back EMF technology is used in the superior DC motor that assists the dryer to produce a low amount of EMF.
- 1500 wattage
- Ceramic, far infrared technology
- Ergonomically designed
- Negative ions and far infrared helps to dry your hair faster
- Leaves your hair shinier
- Far infrared heat reduces the level of EMF and helps to dry from the inside which is also safer for the environment
- Two-speed settings
- Cool shot button
- Has rear filter feature to clean up the inside of the dryer
- Provides narrow concentrator nozzle which is great for drying fringes and frizzy, short-medium wavy, natural and curly hair
- Great for managing frizzy ends
- Really quiet
2. Solano Super Solano 3500 Lite Professional Hair Dryer – Best for the people of all lengths and sorts of hair
Why we like it
- Professional hair dryer
- A superb velocity high-performance DC motor where back EMF technology is used which makes this product a low EMF hair dryer
- 1800 Wattage
- Powerful airflow for fast drying
- Tourmaline technology for shiny and less frizzy hair
- The ceramic thermal grill distributes heat more equally
- Far infrared heat dries from inside out
- Makes your tresses healthier
- Included wide concentrator nozzle for drying long, fine thick hair
- Narrow concentrator nozzle for drying fringes and frizzy, short-medium wavy, natural and curly hair
- Multiple heats and speed settings
- Cool shot button
- Hanging ring
- Comes with thick and long cord
- Less noisy than other models
- Sturdy, durable
3. Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Dryer – Best for all types (especially wavy, curly, thick, natural) of hair
Why we like it
- Salon quality
- Up to 2000 wattage
- Reverse EMF technology is used in a powerful long-life AC motor to produce low EMFs from this dryer.
- Ceramic technology maintains an even heat for healthier styling
- Pure ceramic coils produce moist ceramic heat
- Negative ions make hair shiny and frizz free
- Ionic technology helps to dry hair fast
- 3 heat settings
- 2-speed settings
- Cool shot button
- Provides narrow concentrator nozzle for drying fringes and frizzy, short-medium wavy, natural and curly hair
- Diffuser attachment for making hair straight to wavy and taking care of the curls by adding a good amount of volumes
- Much quieter
All of the mentioned products are high quality, low EMF hair dryers. They all are professional dryers. So you do not have to check their level of radiation and rethink the quality. Each and every important feature that is provided by the products are mentioned for your convenience. Now the decision is up to you. Choose the product which meets most of your requirements and starts drying and styling your hair without having any fear of the radiation of electromagnetic fields.
From the above discussion, we can say that the radiation emits from the electromagnetic fields are harmful to health undoubtedly. It is a matter of fact that not every single person in the world is either aware of EMF effects on our body or they are enough health conscious.
People who are willing to buy a new expensive dryer should keep the “Low EMF” feature in their mind. On that note, our recommended products will be a great assistance for them to choose from.
On the other hand, People who do not have the capability to buy a luxurious hair dryer product should towel dry their hair before using a hair dryer and if they have time in their hand, they should rather air dry their hair all naturally for keeping them safe from EMF exposure.
- 1. CHI Pro Dryer
- 2. Solano Super Solano 3500 Lite Professional Hair Dryer
- 3. Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Dryer
User Rating( vote)
- World Health Organization, What are electromagnetic fields?
- Dr. Mercola, Dr. Mercola has information for you about harmful EMF radiation, October 6, 2014
- Paul Brodeur, THE HAZARDS OF ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS I-POWER LINES
- Steven T. Corneliussen, Electromagnetic fields generate a quarter-century of health worries, 11 Jul 2014
- Jacuzzi® Infrared Saunas, Why Are Low EMF and Low ELF Infrared Saunas Important?
- EMF Advice, Top 5 Low EMF Hair Dryers (BUYER GUIDE INCLUDED)