Hair! It is NOT fair!!!
Have you ever lost sleep over a hairstyle that you wanted so badly but couldn’t get it done by yourself? You did everything you can think of, used all your weapons in your private arsenal; still, the end result never looked quite as smooth and chic as you wanted to be! Sigh…I know I have! After a few unsuccessful attempts, I finally gave up saying, ‘I am not blessed by the hairstyle fairy!!!’ Still in the back of my mind, I kept pondering about what was I missing until I came across the soft bonnet hair dryer!!! Well, I always knew, I could get any hair style done at a hair salon! Alas! Only if I could find the time and money to do it every other day! So the question was; what does a hair salon have that I don’t? Brace yourself; the answer is, apart from a skilled and experienced hair stylist, every salon has the bonnet hair dryers!
From the 50’s, the hairstyles that girls desired and men noticed was mostly done by using these! I told you, the answer is so very visible that you didn’t care to notice it! It’s also okay if you are intimidated by the alien look, size and the price of a hard bonnet hair dryer but the good news is now there is a soft bonnet hair dryer that is powerful, affordable as well as manageable to operate on your own! As for the hairstyle expert, when it comes to your own hair, you are the most experienced one ever, except for your Mom of course, if you count those childhood years when you didn’t do much styling! The truth is, now you can get that dream hair look every single time on your own with a bonnet hair dryer! Hopefully; this article, the bonnet hair dryer reviews will give answers to many frustrated girls out there and help them to decide which one is the most suitable for their hair type and lifestyle.
Does your hair type matter?
Yes! Of course, it matters! You have to adjust the time and heat according to your hair type! Like water washes any type of hair universally, this soft bonnet hair dryer is as universally effective on hair drying and styling too. For example, if you have thick afro black hair then you will need more heat and time compared to an Asian black haired girl who needs lesser heat and lesser time since her hair is thinner.
It also works on permed, colored, frizzy, fine or coarse hair and on natural blondes, redheads, brunettes or Asian raven hair as long as you follow the instructions properly. If you buy the one with the ionic feature which has a hot sauna-like hydrating effect, it will make your hair shine more! On straight finer hair, in which styles don’t last for long, you will be able to wear perfect curls for longer! Naturally curly or wavy hairs will be more manageable too. Every hair type gets a different advantage from the soft bonnet hair dryer.
Okay, so now you know that the bonnet hair dryer works the best and it works for all types of hair too, but how and why? Actually, the air outside can’t disrupt the setting process due to the protective hood. But what about the tiny little holes in the hood!!! Through these holes the hot air and the moisture from your damp hair can escape, otherwise, your hair will sweat and won’t get dry at all!! Due to the pressure of hot air getting out; relatively colder outside air can’t get through those holes, thus maintaining the warmth stable and undisturbed.
The hot air evenly circulates and all the hair or the setting rollers get the equals amount of time to set. With a hand-held blow dryer, the air outside interferes with the heat so it not only takes longer to dry your hair but by the time you reach the last few rollers, your hand is already tired thus you get an uneven and tacky result.
While writing the Bonnet hair dryer reviews, I have decided to discuss every aspect in depth, so please kindly bear with me. And those who are in a bit of a hurry can check the comparison table below. I’ve discussed the table in detail so if you can read it, please do because I bet you won’t be sorry.
The Bonnet hair dryer reviews: Classification and Comparison features of the bonnet hair dryers
|Types||Hard bonnet hair dryers||Soft bonnet hair dryers|
|Semi classification||Fixed steel stand with base wheels||Foldable||Compact in a box|
|Size||Large and heavy, big bonnet||Medium weight, big bonnet||Light weight with big bonnet|
|Height||adjustable||Adjustment not necessary||Adjustment not necessary|
|Time||Time setting available||Time setting unavailable||Time setting unavailable|
|Portability||Room to room, not travel friendly||Portable but still big to carry||Absolutely travel friendly|
|Price||Costliest, above $99 or more||$35 to $90||Budget friendly, $20 to $50|
|Extra advantages||No extra feature|
From the above chart, we can see there are two types of bonnet hair dryers, The Hard bonnet, and Soft Bonnet. The hard bonnet is again divided into two types, however; the basic methods of drying in all these dryers are absolutely the same, just the exterior is different.
- Hard bonnet hair dryers are divided into the following two types,
- Foldable hard bonnet Hairdryer: Price range is: $35 to $90 approximately. It’s foldable so semi-portable but not as portable as the soft bonnet variety.
- Hard bonnet hair dryer with adjustable stand:$109 at Amazon. It’s not travel-friendly at all because of the size and weight. Mostly seen in the salons. Performance is the best but costs a lot more. Storage and portability are not as good as the foldable or soft bonnet one.
- Soft bonnet hair dryers: Price range $20 to $50 approximately: Most travel-friendly as well as efficient and budget-friendly.
The hood is hard and fixed in both the types of hard bonnet hair dryers. The smaller version of the foldable hard bonnet dryer doesn’t come with a stand or base wheels. Soft bonnet hair dryer has a bonnet that is a bit more flexible since it’s soft. Do look for the ones with the ionic feature. It will give your hair a hydrating sauna treatment inside the hood so you will have extra shiny hair. There are many models to choose from so patiently compare the following point of each model and pick the one that suits you the best.
- Heat: the soft bonnet hair dryer is from 800 to 1100 watt approximately. No matter what type of bonnet you choose, your hair doesn’t need any more wattage than that! The electricity bill will not skyrocket too! Adjustment of the heat is another thing to consider. The more heat adjustment option available the better will be to customize for different style as well as different hair types. You can save time by increasing the heat but don’t expect the result of 1-hour treatment in 30 minutes though. Too much heat is not good for the hair either so don’t always increase it, just because you can. The research team of The Bonnet Hair Dryer Reviews highly recommends using heat protector serum or lotion depending on your hair type. The risk of getting burned by touching a hot hard bonnet dryer is another thing I have to mention. Be careful not to keep it where people or children may come in contact just after you had used it.
- Time: None other than the big stand-alone hard bonnet hair dryer comes with a setting time regulator so keep an eye on the time on your own. No matter which type you use, take the instruction about your hair type seriously and always keep a little more extra time in your hand than necessary, you know; just in case!!! If you have fine, thin or damaged hair, you don’t need any more than 30 minutes. Just towel dry your hair and then use it as directed by your bonnet dryer. Medium, normal, straight or wavy hair requires a bit more time, about 45mintues. Thick and curly hair needs the full 1-hour treatment; so for the best result, you should set the heat of the dryer according to your hair type and set an alarm on your cell phone for the time. When the time is up, even if the machine is off, don’t remove the hood immediately; waits for another extra 15 minutes to cool down for the best result and just to be sure. You can start it again at low heat for 10 minutes if you want to rush it but I say, please don’t expose your hair to unnecessary heat for no reason at all.
- Be sure to consider the size of the hood when you buy any type of bonnet hair dryer. It matters so you can fit even the biggest setting roller inside the hood comfortably.
- Height adjustment: In case you buy the hard bonnet hair dryer with the large stand, make sure you adjust the height of the stand first so you can sit comfortably for more or less, about an hour or you will end up with a sore neck! Adjustment for a tall or short chair can’t be the same or for the people of different heights, you will need to readjust too. Soft bonnet or the foldable dryers are pretty much portable so you can set it almost anywhere.
- Anti-Stain: If you wish to use dye or use chemical inside the hood, do consider the interior of the hood too. Anti-stain ones are more durable and will not get messed up.
- Portability: I have to mention, these hard bonnet hair dryers are not traveled friendly at all! There are models that have a wheel so you can take the machine to a different room but make sure at least two wheels can be locked for stability. The research team of The Bonnet Hair Dryer Reviews advises you to check the safety lock before you start hair drying session each time so you don’t end up in the hospital. They are bigger and heavier too! Even the foldable hard bonnets are not as portable compared to the soft hooded ones.
- Storage: Storage is a big problem with the hard bonnet too. If you can’t fix it in a place better to buy the foldable ones or the one that can be taken apart for more compact storage. However, the more parts they have more chances of breaking, losing etc. The time and hassle to fit it all over again is another negative point given to the hard bonnet dryers from The Bonnet Hair Dryer Reviews team. For storage and lightweight, Soft bonnet hair dryers are the best one in my point of view.
The Bonnet Hair Dryer Reviews has been written considering the home users who would have difficulty comparing available products of different companies. Therefore; we have reviewed the top 5 soft bonnet hair dryers below since more home users asked about these models.
The Bonnet Hair Dryer Reviews: Soft bonnet hair dryers comparison table
|Features/product names||Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer||Andis Professional Bonnet Hair Dryer||Conair Soft Bonnet Hair Dryer||Deluxe Limited Edition Pink Soft hood Bonnet Hair Dryer Attachment||Universal Soft Bonnet Hair Dryer Attachment|
|Power||800 Watt||500 Watt||400 Watt||Not mentioned||Not mentioned|
|Heat adjust||High and low only||Hot warm low cool but the hot and warm feels the same.||Poor heating compared to others||You have to hold a handheld dryer to get the heat. Not good!|
|Other features||2 speed setting||Vent brush and extra-long 4-foot flexible hose with lock-and-release system|
|Color||Purple and White||Black||White||Black or Pink||Silver|
Summary of the Bonnet Hair Dryer Reviews Article
Considering all the aspects, our team of experts at the bonnet hair dryer reviews undoubtedly recommends the Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer. It’s cost-effective yet powerful, gives a visible result, most travel-friendly requires less storage space and has a little bit of extra flexibility due to the softness of the bonnet so the biggest setting rollers will even fit perfectly. After comparing all the points above, I personally recommend it.
- 1. Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer
User Rating( vote)
- Kalistasalon, Why You Should Own One Of These Top 5 Best Soft Bonnet Hair Dryer
- Susan Lee, Bonnet hair dryer – 6 stress free reasons to own one, Dec 6, 2010
- Susan Lee, Bonnet Hair Dryer-Some Features And Benefits, December 20, 2010
- Comparaboo, The 10 Best Soft Bonnet Hair Dryers, Feb 2018