Attachments with a hairdryer are now a familiar and very much popular for hair styling in professional hair treatment sections, as well as in home usage. These accessories are for the people of any length (short, medium, long) and any types (fine, natural, black, straight, wavy, curly, kinky) of hair. We will go through each and every attachment and let you know what these attachments do to your hair dryer, how these work, benefits of using each accessory and disadvantages of them if they have any. We will also clarify the main similarities between the tools to make you understand better in this article.
Attachments of a hair dryer
Attachments of a hair dryer are mainly extra tools which are attached at the end of a blow dryer, modify the airflow and do different kinds of hair styling. There are primarily four kinds of attachments are available with a hairdryer. They are:
Comb attachments are mainly efficacious for the people of natural hair. But besides the natural hair people, all sorts of hair (fine, wavy, curly) can use this tool. This accessory assists people with any types of hair in hair styling. More precisely, it is used to maintain straight hair. It also helps the people of curly, natural, black hair to straighten up their hair a little. Some types of comb attachment (wide tooth comb attachment) help people to detangle their hair beside its hair straightening peculiarity.
- Fine tooth comb attachment
- Wide tooth comb attachment
- You do not have to use an extra comb while blow drying your hair.
- You can do your hair drying in a single
- Comb attachments let your another hand free. As a result, you can split the hair easily into different sections.
- Combs can detangle your hair while blow drying.
- This accessory can straighten up your hair a little by using a comb tool with your hair dryer.
- Universal comb attachment can be bought severally and you can use it with your existing hair dryer.
- You cannot straighten up your hair fully but a little bit.
- After straightening up the hair, it remains straight till you wash your hair.
- If people of natural, curly, kinky hair use fine tooth comb attachment, they may face vast hair falling.
Brush attachments are mainly for the people of all length, whether they have short, medium or long length hair, they must be straight, wavy or fine hair. This accessory is not for natural, curly or kinky hair people at all. You can straighten up your hair, make a little wave your hair. You can also add volume to your hair roots by using a brush accessory.
- Vent Brush
- Paddle Brush
- Denman Brush
- Oval Cushion Brush
- We Brush
- Metal/Ceramic Round Brushes
- Boar Bristle Round Brush
- Brush attachments can straighten up your hair.
- It can make a little wave in your straight hair.
- You do not have to use an extra brush while your hair drying.
- You can make big curls and turn your fine straight hair into curly.
- This add-on can add volume to your hair root.
- It can remove knots and tangles of your wet hair.
- You can reduce hair falling.
- People with curly, natural hair have no use of this attachment.
- You cannot straighten up or make your hair curly for a long time purpose.
Affinity and Disparity between Comb and Brush Attachments
From the above discussion, you can see that both comb and brush attachments have some similarity, as well as some difference. Now we will discuss the relationship between these two types of hair dryer attachments:
Straightening up and detangling the hair and removing the peculiar knots form the hair are the similar features of both comb and brush attachments. And none of these tools can straighten up hair that remains for a long time. So these are quite similar from the aspect of the tools’ disadvantageous features also
People with natural, curly hair can use comb attachments to straighten up their hair a little. But they cannot use a brush attachment. So a larger portion of the people cannot use brush attachments to straightening up purposes. On the other hand, brush accessory can be used to make curls and adding volume to hair roots, where combs cannot.
So we can come to a decision that, people of any types of hair whether they have fine, straight, natural, wavy or curly hair can use the comb attachment if they want to straighten up their hair. And people of fine, straight, wavy hair can use brush attachments to turn their hairstyle into curly one. However, all people can detangle their hair by using any of these attachments.
A question may arise in your head after reading the last paragraph – what if people of curly, natural hair want to maintain their curly hair? Which attachment should they use – a comb or brush? So here is your answer – you should go for a diffuser attachment, which is our next topic to discuss.
People of any length curly, natural hair can use a diffuser attachment to blow-dry their curly hair and not to lose their actual, consummate curls. People of all sorts of hair besides natural and curly like straight and wavy can and must use this diffuser add-on if they wish to transform their straightened hairstyle into curly one. A diffuser attachment (also known as finger diffuser) broadcast the air which comes out of a blow dryer so that people do get a direct airflow on their hair which can be very detrimental for their hair. Diffuser rather spreads the airflow moderately on the blown portion of your hair. It assists in styling hair. More precisely, it is used to maintain curly hair. People can change their straight hairstyle to curly by diffusers.
- Sock Diffusers
- Normal bowl diffusers
- Large bowl diffusers
- Collapsible bowl diffusers
- Hand-shaped diffusers
- It does not let the hair dryer to flow the hair on a single spot of the hair.
- It spreads the air flow in a larger section of the hair.
- Using diffusers can reduce hair fall amazingly.
- People with curly, natural hair can maintain their curly hair.
- It adds volume to your hair roots.
- Curly hair people can maintain the texture of their curls.
- Straight, wavy hair people can change their straight hairstyle to curly one.
- You can buy a diffuser attachment severally and attach to your existing hair dryer.
- Diffuser attachments cannot be used for hair straightening purposes.
- People of straight, fine hair will have no use of this attachment if they do not want to change their hairstyle from straight to curly.
This accessory is for the people of any length (short, medium, long) and any kind of (straight, wavy, fine, natural, thick and curly) hair. If people use this concentrator with their hair dryer, they can have better control on hair styling. Without any concentrator, the airflow is far less accurate. Directing heat up the hair shaft can cause lots of hair falls. But, with a concentrator nozzle air flow can be concentrated. As a result, people can have air flowed on a particular portion of their hair and get their hair drying finely than before.
- Flat Shaped Wide Concentrator Nozzle
- Flat Shaped Narrow Concentrator Nozzle
- Round Shaped Concentrator Nozzle
- All length and types of people can use concentrator attachments.
- Concentrator nozzle does not let the hair dryer to flow the hair on a single spot of the hair.
- It (wide concentrator nozzle) expands the air flow in a larger section of the hair.
- It (narrow concentrator nozzle) results in more forced air being pushed out of a smaller area and let you have more polished fringes.
- Using of concentrator nozzle can reduce hair fall vastly.
- People can detangle their hair with concentrator nozzles.
- You can buy a concentrator nozzle attachment severally and attach to your existing hair dryer.
- You have to use an extra brush while drying your hair with a concentrator nozzle.
- You cannot straighten up your hair.
- People cannot make their hair curly by using concentrator nozzles.
- You cannot add volume to your hair root.
- Curly hair people will not get any benefits in taking care of the texture of their curls.
Affinity and Disparity between Diffuser and Concentrator Attachments
From the above discussion, you can see that both diffuser and concentrator attachments have some similarity, as well as some difference. Now we will discuss the relationship between these two types of hair dryer attachments:
Diffuser and concentrator attachments both give people the opportunity to control the airflow of the dryer over their hair. As a result, air cannot flow vagrantly and these tools reduce many hair falls.
All length and all types of people can use a concentrator to avoid hair fall but the only natural, curly hair people can use a diffuser to avoid hair falling purpose. Diffuser attachments are used to maintain the texture of curly hair and it also can change the hair pattern from straight to curly, concentrators cannot. But it can detangle peoples’ hair, where a diffuser cannot.
So from the above discussion, we can say that people who want to choose an attachment to avoid massive hair falls, they must go for a concentrator attachment. Otherwise, diffuser attachment has its own users either who (natural, curly hair people) want to maintain their curly hair or who (fine, straight, wavy hair people) want to transform their straight hairstyle into curly.
The Best All Attachments in One Hair Dryer Product
Wazor Professional Hair Dryer: Best in the Market and for all length (short, medium, long) and types (fine, natural, straight, wavy, curly) of hair
Why we have picked this Product:
This high-quality hair dryer provides comb, concentrator and diffuser attachments. The quality of these attachments is top class as well. As a result, people who will buy this product can be beneficial from all sides. This hair dryer does not provide any brush attachment. Though no universal brush attachment is available in the market, provided comb and diffuser attachments with this product can fill up the scarcity of brush attachment and you can have done your hairstyling perfectly without any flaw.
People of all length (short, medium, long) and types (fine, natural, and straight, wavy, curly) of hair should buy Wazor Professional Hair Dryer because it is the best, top-rated all in one hair dryer with attachments.
- OOMPHED!, THE MOST IMPORTANT HAIR DRYER ATTACHMENTS
- Danielle, 4 Weird Blow-Dryer Attachments That Will Change How You Style Your Hair, September 17, 2015
- Rebecca Taras, The 5 Best Hair Dryer Attachments, Oct 20 2017
- Hair Romance, What is a diffuser and how do you use it?, May 23, 2013
- Jaime Richards, Attachment Theory: Blow-Dryer Nozzles Explained, March 12, 2010
- eBay, How to Use Hair Dryer Attachments